qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Problem launching Wine in QEMU

From: Misty De Meo
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Problem launching Wine in QEMU
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:11:15 -0300

I'm having difficulty getting QEMU to launch Wine properly. For an example, I'll use the included Putty program. When following the instructions in the user documentation, Wine complains "cannot exec wineserver." All right, so I execute Wineserver first and then Wine. Now Wine tells me the following:

Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
Warning: could not find wine config [Drive x] entry for current working directory /usr/local/wine-i386/bin; starting in windows directory.
qemu: Unsupported syscall: 186
qemu: Unsupported syscall: 186
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) ADVAPI32.dll (which is needed by C:\Program Files\qemu\putty.exe) not found

However, advapi32.dll.so is in /usr/local/wine-i386/lib/wine/. DOSEmu won't run, either... it complains the following:

qemu: Unsupported syscall: 205
ERROR: Unknown format on /proc/cpuinfo

Most of the test programs do seem to run properly, however.

Thank you,
~ Misty