qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.5.3 release

From: art yerkes
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.5.3 release
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:23:11 -0500

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:42:40 +0200
Jean-Michel POURE <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le lundi 19 Avril 2004 15:04, art yerkes a écrit :
> > On my amd64, I can use qemu compiled 32bit, but there seem to be bugs
> > initializing the virtual ethernet, which I need.
>
> Under Win32 guest, you may need Renzo patch sent to the list:
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2004-03/msg00202.html
>
> Cheers, Jean-Michel

Actually, the interface name is reported as tun%d to the ifup script, and
qemu seems to freeze on the first packet transmit.  Other than that, no
problems so far using 32bit qemu on amd64 (I should add that I'm using it
for running reactos as a guest).  When I run my 64bit compiled version, the
tunnel name is reported correctly (tun1), and I suspect that packet transmit
would also work if qemu didn't crash with a segfault trying to execute the
first insruction.

I'd like to help with 64-bit porting.
--
IBM had little or no expertise on Intel processors.
 -- paragraph 54, SCO v IBM, second amended complaint