qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Win2K status...

From: Jean-Michel POURE
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Win2K status...
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:32:05 +0200

>  - when booting in 'normal' mode, I get a nice Black screen when Win2K
>    leaves 'VGA' mode and try to load the real graphical driver (it works
>    fine when I disable in the code the S3 emulation code => must be either
> a bug in QEMU's S3 code or in the X86 code generated from the S3 driver
> code).
>  - when booting in VGA (or Safe) mode, it works fine (in 800x600x16
>    colours).
>  - when installing the Bochs VBE drivers (found here
>    http://dhenriq.en.eresmas.com/), the screen is completely garbled when I
>    boot (you can see a screenshot here : http://www.bbrox.org/qemu_vbe.png)

I can report the same for Win2k, with these differences:

- ne2000 patch from Renzo brings network card detection during installation.
Network seems to work fine.

- I was not able to install several free software (including pgAdmin III for
example) and got several explorer.exe segfaults.

Apart from that, Qemu seems very promissing and is lightning fast.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel