qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] amd64 compile

From: J. Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] amd64 compile
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 18:07:10 +0200

On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 17:32, Martin Garton wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> qemu compile fails on amd64. the attached patch gives a succesful compile
> with targets list "i386 i386-softmmu" It still doesn't run, and i386-user
> still doesn't compile.

Your patch is incorrect:
- don't remove the -Wall: the warnings you can see are mostly bugs due
to the fact that qemu assumes that unsigned long is 32 bits long.
- the correct cpu_get_real_ticks patch has already been posted by art
yerkes some times ago. I also re-send it as a reminder.
- to compile qemu usermode emulation, you need to edit the amd64.ld
file, which is duplicated. Remove half of the file, and the link won't
fail.

There are many other problems with qemu and amd64. I submitted a patch
to Fabrice to make qemu PPC softmmu emulation run on my machine. You can
find this patch attached.
I just found another bug in VGA emulation. The fix makes the BIOS start,
but I still have random crashes in tb_link_phys when trying to launch
FreeDOS.

I also noticed that SDL isn't usable when qemu is launched in a 32 bits
chrooted environnement. So, we really need a usable amd64 native
target... With the attached patches, only PPC emulation will run. I
didn't try to find x86 related bugs, for now.

Regards.

--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>
Never organized