qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] S3 VGA is deprecated - another graphic card will be emu

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] S3 VGA is deprecated - another graphic card will be emulated. Which one?
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:19:37 +0200

Martin wrote:
Hi all,
I found in lates cvs hw/vga.c "S3 VGA is deprecated - another graphic card will be emulated"
and #define CONFIG_S3VGA is commeted out.
I am curious, what card will be emulated?
The good thing about emulating a S3 was that it is one of the three most used graphic cards on rs6000 powerpc prep hardware (the ibm GXT110P pci graphics card is a S3 card). So emulating this would mean emulating quite accurately real prep hardware. The other cards used on real rs6000 prep hardware are mostly matrox based (similar to G200) or IBM proprietary.
So I am curious what the plans are for vga.

The current target is an SiS PCI VGA card.

Fabrice.