qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Project: qemu OS zoo

From: Lionel Ulmer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Project: qemu OS zoo
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:21:46 +0200

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 01:26:32AM +0200, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> I don't think it's slow, but it seems that the graphics themselves are slow.
> Is the SDL using all X acceleration? (the XMAME guys for example are using
> the Xv extention to have hardware accelerated graphics when running MAME
> roms)...

Xv is only useful if you want the graphic card to do scaling for you.
Moreover, for QEMU, it's only interesting if the card exports a RGB visual
for you (which is the case of the NVIDIA drivers but not, last time I
checked, on some ATI drivers in XFree).

If you display the graphic 'as is', I do not see why Xv should be faster
than plain XShm.

     Lionel

--
                 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/