qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] keyboard under VNC

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] keyboard under VNC
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:26:50 +0200

Joe Batt wrote:
When I connect to my Linux machine via VNC (the X server version), then
start up a QEMU session, the keyboard is all screwy.  For instance,
pressing d prints f (d->f, f->h, c->d, v->i, g->j, h->k, and neither
shift nor delete work as examples).  It works when I sit at the local X
session though.

Any ideas as to why?  All my other apps seem to work fine (except
VMWare, which doesn't repaint reliably and shares the mouse scaling
problems with QEMU).

QEMU currently uses the raw PC scancodes returned by the X11 server in order to avoid keymaps problems. I can add an alternate method based on X11 keysyms, but you will have to give an option to QEMU to select the language of your keyboard.

Fabrice.