qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU RFB (vnc) driver

From: Matthew Mastracci
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU RFB (vnc) driver
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 20:22:01 -0600

I'm working on adding RFB support for QEMU.  I've attached my
work-in-progress here.  You'll need to compile and link against
libvncserver to make it work- I'm not an autoconf wizard, so I just
hacked my local version for now.

The whole thing works surprisingly well.  I managed to talk to QEMU on
my Linux box from my LAN-connected Windows box with amazing performance.

It's a bit of a pain using the mouse over VNC since everything is done
using relative position packets.  It might be possible to emulate a
Synaptics PS/2 touchpad (which supports absolute positioning and is
supported under Windows and X) to make this a bit easier, but I'm not
certain how difficult that would be.  It might be easier to whip up a
special VNC client that supports mouse capturing.  :)

I've also left the keymapping as a "work in progress" until I find an
easy way to map from the vnc codes (which seem to be X codes) to the
PC-101 scancodes.  Any ideas?

--
Matthew Mastracci <address@hidden>