qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition under QEMU

From: James Ascroft-Leigh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition under QEMU
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 14:34:06 +0100

On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 14:04 +0200, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> One thing that I couldn't do is convince win2003 to detect the NE2000 virtual
> cards - the auto detection doesn't detect it, and there is no driver inside
> the CD image, so how do I install the ne2k driver?

For Windows XP I had the same problem.  I searched the web for old
drivers - the Windows 2000 ones work - and found it was called
netnovel.inf.  More searching found a download available (whether you
trust this is up to you):
http://www.lpt.com/windowsnetworking/regusers/wxpne2k.htm

I then just used mkisofs to make a CD image file readable to my Windows
XP VM and followed the instructions on the above site.  As with Linux I
set the IRQ to 9 and the IO range from 0x300 to 0x31F.

I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work with Windows Server 2003 -
in fact hopefully it might actually allow it to serve something!

Good luck,

James Ascroft-Leigh