qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] CDROM /Network with Win98

From: Emmanuel Charpentier
Subject: [Qemu-devel] CDROM /Network with Win98
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 20:36:50 +0200

Setup : Debian unstable + QEMU 0.5.2-4 as packaged in Debian ...

I seem to be unable to install correctly Win98/Win98SE with cd access. I tried repeatedly to install either of them (from a CDROM, of course ...) : the first pass is OK (and impressively fast, for an emulation ...). During the second phase, Windows complains of being unable to allocate itself enough memory for Plug'Play device detection. I have to restart this phase. Thie third and fourth phase seem okay, and I can boot Win98, but I have no network device and no hard disk.

How can I get rid of these inconveniences ?

I install with :

address@hidden:~/qemu-w2000$ qemu -hda w2000.cow -cdrom /dev/cdrom -boot d -m 256

The ntext phases are started with -boot c instead of -boot a

Any ideas ?

                                        Emmanuel Charpentier

PS : Any idea on how to install Win2K ? I have a non-bootable CD, which can be either used from Win98 or with 4 diskettes to boot. Both methods work on real hardware, but I can't use either of them with QEMU. Ideas ?

PPS : I'm not on the list, and I'm reading it throug the archives. Could you please Cc me ?