qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows 98 - hardware

From: Lean Fuglsang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows 98 - hardware
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 16:46:03 +0200

> This is no longer right. qemu-fast will be able someday to run all OSes,
> but the price to pay will be less security (the emulated user space code
> will be able to write to the QEMU cpu code).
Okay, as long as I can put qemu into a seperate user that is fine.
And if Windows crashes, a virtual reboot is needed anyway.
How much performance gain is the in using qemu-fast? Is it something I
should look forward, or is it neglictible?
(I don't dare to ask for the timeframe ;)

--
Lean Fuglsang <address@hidden>