qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Seg Faults from 0.5.4

From: Michael Jennings
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Seg Faults from 0.5.4
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 14:35:06 -0400

I can't seem to get qemu or qemu-fast to boot properly.  The latter
hangs using up gobs of CPU, and the former seg faults.

address@hidden ~ >> qemu -boot d -cdrom /dev/cdrom -hda /home/mej/disk.img
warning: could not open /dev/net/tun: no virtual network emulation
Serial port redirected to /dev/pts/0
No disk in drive
No disk in drive
QEMU 0.5.4 monitor - type 'help' for more information
(qemu) Segmentation fault

address@hidden ~ >> gdb qemu
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (5.2-2)
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...(no debugging symbols found)...
(gdb) run -boot d -cdrom /dev/cdrom -hda /home/mej/disk.img
Starting program: /usr/bin/qemu -boot d -cdrom /dev/cdrom -hda
/home/mej/disk.img
[New Thread 8192 (LWP 29377)]
warning: could not open /dev/net/tun: no virtual network emulation
Serial port redirected to /dev/pts/0
No disk in drive
No disk in drive
QEMU 0.5.4 monitor - type 'help' for more information
(qemu)

[Switching to Thread 8192 (LWP 29377)]
0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb) quit
The program is running.  Exit anyway? (y or n) y

Any ideas?  I've tried a number of boot images, including the
linux-test and freedos images from the qemu site.  All do the same
thing.

Thanks,
Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <address@hidden>
 "We both lie silently still in the dead of the night.  Although we