qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU RFB (vnc) driver

From: Matthew Mastracci
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU RFB (vnc) driver
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 16:05:26 -0600

I vote for the Synaptics PS/2 touchpad emulation. From the Linux kernel source, it does not seem difficult.

Another topic is the keycode conversions. Even with SDL, a solution like bochs or rdesktop (with an option to give the host keyboard mapping) is needed. That's why I did not merge the various patch submitted to 'improve' the SDL keyboard emulation.

It looks like the Synaptics emulation would require an additional driver on the Windows side, but Linux/X should support it (and detect it) natively. I wonder how hard it is to write a mouse (or mouse filter driver) for Windows to support this sort of device. Two other possiblities might be to use the host/guest interface, or to implement USB support and create a HID mouse driver with absolute positioning support.

Matt.