qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] synaptic touchpad 4.x

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: [Qemu-devel] synaptic touchpad 4.x
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 10:26:03 -0400

I'm writing the code in it. Is there any specific model to base the emulation
on?
Right now I'm just writing a very basic touchpad, no enhanced capabilities
supported. Touchpad version is 4.0 (the major version needs to be >= 4 in order
to have the drivers work correctly, based on the specs that I have). It's easier
than I thought. Of course, it appears that the standard touchpad doesn't
support the Z axis (i.e. no 3rd mouse button/scroll wheel). There is a Z value
in the packet, but its for finger pressure... could this be used to emulate
a scroll wheel? What is finger pressure normally used for?

I also need to know what s->mouse_type should be set to for a Synaptic Touchpad,
4.x model. Right now I've left it to the default.