qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] synaptic touchpad 4.x

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] synaptic touchpad 4.x
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 17:09:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Fri, 7 May 2004, Jim C. Brown wrote:
> I'm writing the code in it. Is there any specific model to base the emulation
> on?

Cool! I looked into qemu/pckbd.c and linux/drivers/input/mouse/synaptics.c
and decided that I would have to read up a lot in order to start it...

>  Of course, it appears that the standard touchpad doesn't
> support the Z axis (i.e. no 3rd mouse button/scroll wheel).

My touchpad doesn't have it either. But there are those gestures: If you
put your index finger down and slide with your ring finger, it emulates
the wheel. I don't know how this is done internally (if synaptics already
knows how to translate that, or if the driver does it), but this could be
the way to go.

Do you have a patch for me to try out?

Ciao,
Dscho