qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Impractical ideas?

From: David Woodhouse
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Impractical ideas?
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 20:21:28 +0100

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 10:51 -0700, Chad Page wrote:
>       Well, you *could* add qemu to ndiswrapper and make a powerpc
> version.  Matching up code for disparate kernels would be incredibly
> difficult - if ndiswrapper itself is native PPC it's much more likely to
> work!

Of course -- I wouldn't want to think about running non-native _Linux_
code. With NDIS you have a clearly foreign ABI already, and fairly
well-defined calls in and out of the Windows code. That's _definitely_
the way you'd do it.

Probably starting with hacking up qemu to the point that it can call
simple i386 functions in-kernel, then trying to fudge that into
ndiswrapper.

--
dwmw2