qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] possible windows drivers for touchpad

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] possible windows drivers for touchpad
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 23:29:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Fri, 7 May 2004, Jim C. Brown wrote:

> I found this webpage, which claims to have links to drivers for
> synaptics touchpads for window xp, nt4, 2k, 98se, and me.
> It says its version 6.0 however, and I'm coding up for version 4, so
> they may not work.

The official synaptics drivers are at:

ftp://ftp.synaptics.com/pub/drivers/

Silly Question(tm): When I use my touchpad on my laptop, the cursor
positioning is not absolute, i.e. if I touch it in the middle, the mouse
cursor stays where it is, and if I drag my finger to the upper left
corner, the mouse cursor does not necessarily go to the upper left corner
of my screen. Am I missing something? What I was hoping for is a solution
for VNC, so that the guest cursor is exactly where the host cursor is. I
am not entirely convinced that the virtual synaptics touchpad will solve
this problem.

Ciao,
Dscho