qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] XP success

From: John Smith
Subject: [Qemu-devel] XP success
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 12:50:38 +0100

Hi all,

I am succesfully running win xp under qemu, since I know some have trouble
with activation and error 0x800703e6, I think it can help to know how to
make it run.
I have a 2600 build, I have installed it from cd, then do the first boot in
safe mode, installed the sp1, rebooted in normal mode and it worked.
To have network access, you must find a ne2000 driver on the web, it's easy,
as xp doesn't have drivers for such non plugnplay card.
Once you have found the driver, just add your new hardware with the hardware
wizzard.
I've experienced some troubles with floppies, real one or images, windows
complain they are not formated, suggest to do the format but can't, so if
you to acces files until network is running it's best to have a second hd
image.