qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu PPC Question

From: Michael Torrie
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu PPC Question
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 00:25:24 -0600

On Sun, 2004-05-09 at 20:44, Mark Hart wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Would (or will) it be possible to install a PPC version of Linux running
> X?  I looked at the screenshots with PPC Linux running in shell mode but
> I didn't know if X was possible or in the works?

Why not just run a native X server (or Xnest) on the host and just
direct the display over the network to it.  It would be much much faster
than using the emulated svga framebuffer X server within the emulator
itself.  Even under VMWare I don't ever run X11 inside VMWare; it's just
too slow.  Instead I use Xnest and send the display from the vmware
machine to it.

Michael