qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Win98 tun networking to host

From: Bob Barry
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Win98 tun networking to host
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 20:34:17 +0200

Jason -

Thanks for the qemu CVS ebuild.

In another post you wrote:
> Also I was wondering if anyone has gotten a tun network connection to be able
> to see their local host PC's network connections (network neighborhood, etc.)
> to be accessable.  Any tips would be appreciated!

I second the motion.  I've been battling with ifconfig and route for two days,
and
haven't found the magic combination.  My qemu-0.5.5 w98se can ping itself, but
says
the host's network is unreachable.  I put w98 on 192.168.0.1; host is
192.168.1.1; made
host a gateway to w98 network; qemu_ifup works; ifconfig shows tun0 OK; host
gets
ping return from w98 IP; kde net info shows eth0 and tun0 both "up"; w98
ipconfig /all
shows similar to two w98 boxes on the host's network.  But w98 still says host
network
unreachable.  Please, you network boffins - give us a hint (or better, a
tutorial).

Thanks,

Bob Barry