qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Video Driver for Win NT-based systems

From: Filip Navara
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Video Driver for Win NT-based systems
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 12:05:10 +0200

Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

if anyone is interested I have created open source QEMU/Bochs video
driver for Windows NT/2K/XP/2003.
Binaries - www.volny.cz/xnavara/qemuvid_bin.zip
Sources - www.volny.cz/xnavara/qemuvid_src.zip

Are these VBE drivers?
Not in the sense of VBE 3.0 specification. I have such driver too, but it propably works only on ReactOS because of using undocumented API.

Can you describe the drivers and its capabilities in more details?
The driver uses the Bochs/QEMU VBE I/O port, the same method as used by BXVGA. My implementation is a bit simplier, but still with the same features. It also uses the Linear FrameBuffer feature of the Bochs/QEMU interface that wasn't available at the time when BXVGA was written.

Regards,
Filip