qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] ask about simulating cluster using Qemu

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: [Qemu-devel] ask about simulating cluster using Qemu
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 19:57:42 +0700

Hello all

I have been following Qemu's development for about 3-4 months and I must say :
TOTALLY AWESOME !!

OK, to the point, i want to ask several things:
1. I have plan to simulate openMosix cluster....just 2 node for start. 1 node
is my real PC, and the other is Qemu emulated host. AFAIK, when I try to load
openMosix patched kernel (using 0.5.2), it got some errors on initial kernel

What should I do to solve it, at least clues to debug it....?

2. should I use tmpfs mounted on /tmp to accelerate Qemu? User Mode Linux
suggest to use tmpfs....does Qemu use same method?

3. Is there any automation tools for generating disk image, more or less
similar with UMLBuilder for UML? So far, for creating one, I put Debian Woody
CDROM, boot it inside Qemu and install it into pre-made empty file.....

4. at certain interval, i got this message when running Debian:
"probable hardware bug: restoring chip configuration
probable hardware bug: clock    timer configuration lost - probably  a VIA686a
probable hardware bug: restoring  chip configuration"

What does it mean?

Thanks and regards

Mulyadi