qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Video Driver for Win NT-based systems

From: Jamie Burns
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Video Driver for Win NT-based systems
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 12:30:08 +0100

Wouldn't a 2D accelerator be a good idea first? ;o)

If Windows asks for a "line" to be drawn, or a "blit-op" then could that be
passed through to the QEMU emulated video hardware, which in turn could
simply get SDL or whatever to do the required operation. Then 2D graphics
would speed up immensly.

Are there any documents giving an overview of how the QEUM architecture
works in this respect? I would work on a driver in my spare time but really
do not know where to start.

J.