qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Video Driver for Win NT-based systems

From: Grzegorz Kulewski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Video Driver for Win NT-based systems
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 23:52:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Filip Navara wrote:
> Natalia Portillo wrote:
> >DirectDraw is the accelerator for GDI.
>
> This is not correct. At the driver level GDI calls and DirectDraw calls
> are completly separate interfaces implemented different way.

You are unfortunatelly right. GDI was introduced a lot ealier than
DirectX (I think before win95). But GDI can be not accelerated by graphic
card but by qemu (using sdl or something like that) because today apps are
using GDI mainly for user interface and not for advanced drawing I think.
Right?

Grzegorz Kulewski