qemu-devel

Re: Re: [Qemu-devel] ask about simulating cluster using Qemu

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: Re: [Qemu-devel] ask about simulating cluster using Qemu
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 11:14:45 +0700

hello :-)

> Yes, but it matters only for qemu-fast.
Is qemu-fast capable of loading kernel bzImage? Yesterday I did like this:
/usr/local/qemu/bin/qemu -kernel /boot/openmosix/bzImage -hda /mnt/myimage
-append "root=/dev/hda1" -m 64  --> success

but when I did

/usr/local/qemu/bin/qemu-fast -kernel /boot/openmosix/bzImage -hda
/mnt/myimage -append "root=/dev/hda1" -m 64

it hung with latest message:
Kernel panic : VFS : Unable to mount root fs on 03:01

Do I need to tweak somewhere inside the kernel source or my disk image to get
it running?

> No. But you can use tools from other projects.

But...still, I need to create raw disk image right?

AFAIK UML use preformated ext2/ext3 (whatever the loaded kernel
support).....sorry, I don't mean to rudely compare UML and QEMU, it just me
that try to learn about QEMU....

> It is a QEMU bug :-)

Ehm...how can I help to trace (or maybe fix ) this bug? Any clue?

regards

Mulyadi