qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Video Driver for Win NT-based systems

From: Filip Navara
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Video Driver for Win NT-based systems
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 09:53:30 +0200

Natalia Portillo wrote:

Then, why do you require DirectDraw support for activating acceleration?
Is simply.

When no acceleration is, the GDI calls are rendered manually, when it is
activated, they are rendered through DirectDraw.
No they aren't. Please trust me on this, I know quite a bit of details of the Windows NT (and 9x also) architecture and this is just not true.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/graphics/hh/graphics/dispvid_2003_7z53.asp

- Filip