qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Networking tutorial needed! (was Re: Win98 tun networking t

From: Stealth Dave
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Networking tutorial needed! (was Re: Win98 tun networking to host
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 08:56:13 -0700

I've been trying to get networking running on my guest OS (win98) for
three days now, with no success.  I've done all the RTFMing that I can
at this point, and have tried tun/tap, slirp, and vde, none of which
give me a working network.  As far as tun/tap, the tun device gets
created and /tmp/qemu-somenumber.conf also gets created, but I can't
ping any ip other than the local address.  Can someone *please* post a
howto for guest networking?  It's a very frustrating experience to have
this fabulous tool at your disposal, but not get the most important
feature (for my needs) to work.  (I'm a web developer; I want to create
virtual test environments for different versions of IE.)

Using qemu 0.5.5 compiled on Mandrake 10.0 Official w/ slirp enabled,
i386-softmmu only.

Thanks,
- Stealth Dave
--