qemu-devel

Re: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Qemu+openMosix HOWTO

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Qemu+openMosix HOWTO
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:03:33 +0700

hello Gabriel

> > -#define __PAGE_OFFSET                (0xC0000000)
> > +#define __PAGE_OFFSET                (0x90000000)
>
> Is that still necessary?  From what I recall, qemu-fast can now run
>
> unmodified operating systems as Fabrice wrote:

AFAIK from my experience loading openMosix patched kernel with qemu-fast, if I
don't patch the kernel like I did above, the kernel will hang somewhere after
probing the network card or IDE probing (to the main disk image)

I test this using Qemu 0.5.5 (not CVS snapshot) and openMosix 2.4.22-3 +
kernel 2.4.22 (Non SMP and non HIGHMEM support)

But, anyway, if qemu-fast has been improved in such way so I don't need to
patch again, it will be more user-friendly IMO :-)

regards

Mulyadi