qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PCI: Memory mapped / ROM resources

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PCI: Memory mapped / ROM resources
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 22:21:11 +0200

Hi,

Gianni Tedesco wrote:
I'm writing some qemu PCI devices and i'd like to know if it's possible
to register memory mapped I/O regions and also I'd like to be able to
map in a ROM device, but I guess this is missing for the same reason
memory mapped resources aren't currently supported. Is that to do with
the qemu CPU/MMU code?

Memory mapped resources are fully supported. ROM devices are not supported, but it is very easy to add.

Is this going to be implemented any time soon, what are the issues if
any? I don't mind doing the monkey work to get it implemented, if i'm
pointed in the right direction. I haven't even looked at how the CPU
emulation parts work yet.

Which hardware do you want to add ? I can add ROM devices if it is really necessary.

Fabrice.