qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: AIO ide patch

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: AIO ide patch
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 22:03:16 +0200

Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:
I wrote:

Hi Fabrice!

I have tried to make a variant with asynchronous input/output
for ide. First worked patch attached.
(this variant haven`t AIO for ATAPI, only ATA).
May be not full right, but ...

Good news: with this second variant patch installation w2k is full true
and don`t make disk full!
 From second variant I moved set_irq() to thread.
But, I don`t know: this save or not, but all my test cleans.

The disk dull problem is timing dependent. Your patches change the timings, but there is no proof they really fixed the bug. Of course it is possible that Win2K has a bug which makes the IDE driver timing dependent...

Fabrice.