qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Running QEMU on FreeBSD

From: Bartosz Fabianowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Running QEMU on FreeBSD
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 23:39:01 +0200

However, the problem I have is that the QEMU window does not update
and to see what is on the 'screen'

Maybe you should give the CVS version a try. I am also running FreeBSD 5
-CURRENT and it works beautifully for me. Actually, I have just
installed Windows XP inside QEMU on FreeBSD. However, you will probably
need to apply the patch I posted to the list earlier today in order to
make the CVS version compile on FreeBSD.

The system compiler (GCC 2.95) does not understand many of the
constructs used in the source.

I don't believe QEMU can be compiled with GCC 2.x at all. That line of GCC is just too broken. However, on FreeBSD 4.x you can still use the lang/gcc32, lang/gcc33, or lang/gcc34 port if you want to try compiling QEMU with GCC 3.x. Though, frankly, I don't see much point in wasting time on that. FreeBSD 5.x is the future ;).

Regards,
- Bartosz Fabianowski