qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: AIO ide patch

From: Vladimir N. Oleynik
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: AIO ide patch
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 10:39:26 +0400

Hetz,

I want see Fabrice a reaction. I don`t know of safe my idea.
I tested 3-th variant with AIO for ATAPI. My tests is works.

ftp://ftp.simtreas.ru/pub/my/qemu/qemu_aio.patch3.gz

Well, safe  - it's not :(

May be. Qemu have comment for demontsrate this ;-)

/* XXX: tb_flush is currently not thread safe */
    if (cpu_single_env)
        env = cpu_single_env; /* XXX: find a correct solution for multithread */

And many other...

Current cpu_single_env=global_env and cpu_loop() have save context by localy,
not to env. io_port make irq from signle_env, mail_loop() make timer irq from
global_env, network fd_read make irq from mail_loop() with single_env...
I confused this. The current design may be ready not thread safe, but have
working progress for this.

It seems that with your patch, Windows XP upon booting complains about wrong HAL, and doesn't boot. Windows 98 complains about corrupt hard drive and doesn't boot either.

Heh. My WinXP installation with AIO_patch4v is ok.
4v have async call all set_irq with usage sched_yield().

--w
vodz