qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VGA BIOS source code

From: Derek Fawcus
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VGA BIOS source code
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 16:18:08 +0100

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 04:43:34PM +0200, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> Bartosz Fabianowski wrote:
> > I am trying to get SVGA graphics modes to work under Windows 98.
> > Currently, the only known way of accomplishing this is to install SDD 7
> > beta, which is a 21 day test version, along with some obscure VxD file.
> > I'd prefer to fix the VBE support and be able to run SDD 6.53, which is
> > free.
> > [...]
>
> Today, someone sent me a patch to emulate a CLGD54xx VGA card in QEMU
> (currently ISA only card, but I asked the author to add PCI support).

Aha - good.  I was going to suggest that you use one of those instead of
the SiS 6326 - simply 'cause simulating a fairly dumb card [1] seems like
a more sensible approach.  Any idea which specfic chip is being emulated
- as I think I have some of the chip docs squirreled away somewhere.

DF

[1] Either not acceleration,  or only simple BitBLT support.