qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about WINE

From: Mea Culpa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about WINE
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 21:15:15 +0000

Anyway.........it is possible to run WINE under QEMU........I don't know much about the speed though but QEMU seems to do quite fine.
I need something like a x86 glibc
http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/qemu-doc.html#SEC29
There is a doc.........but for me........it's too little to know what to do. I'm not a Linux geeky (yet)

On non x86 CPUs, you need first to download at least an x86 glibc (`qemu-runtime-i386-XXX-.tar.gz' on the QEMU web page). Ensure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set:
unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Then you can launch the precompiled `ls' x86 executable:
qemu-i386 tests/i386/ls

What to do with that?