qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about WINE

From: Sander Nagtegaal
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about WINE
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 14:01:31 +0200

I also only have a windows 95 cd rom here and that doesn't work with QEMU I've
read on their site........sadly........
If I am correctly. I should compile WINE using a windows computer or a cross
compiling or something like that and then start it using QEMU?
I don't have a windows computer........maybe somebody wants to compile it?

On non x86 CPUs, you need first to download at least an x86 glibc
(`qemu-runtime-i386-XXX-.tar.gz' on the QEMU web page). Ensure that
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set:
unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH

 Then you can launch the precompiled `ls' x86 executable:
qemu-i386 tests/i386/ls

 You can look at `qemu-binfmt-conf.sh' so that QEMU is automatically launched
by the Linux kernel when you try to launch x86 executables. It requires the
binfmt_misc module in the Linux kernel.

According to the manual that is what I should do...........but I have no idea
what and I cant find the tar (`qemu-runtime-i386-XXX-.tar.gz' on the QEMU web