qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] loadvm someone?

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] loadvm someone?
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 17:37:31 +0200

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
Hi,

does anybody else than me use the loadvm command?

I run into a few problems:
        - a saved KNOPPIX state gives an error, when loaded first,
          if I load a second time, it works
        - a saved Windows state does not start any longer

My suspicion is that some "hardware" state is not saved, and so those
virtual devices are not reinitialized correctly. However, when I load the
state a 2nd time, they have been initialized somehow.

Anyone has an idea where to fix it?

The save/load VM feature is not finished because not all devices save their state (it should be easy to finish). There are also some problems if you load a VM on a computer with a different clock speed from the one on which it was saved. Moreover, no backward compatibility between the saved state file format is currently maintainted.

Fabrice.