qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Cirrus VGA

From: Antony T Curtis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Cirrus VGA
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 13:55:45 +0100

On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 11:41, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The initial version of the Cirrus VGA support is now commited. It is
> currently not enabled as they are some pending issues to solve. gcc 3.x
> is required to compile it as I use the anonymous structure extension of
> gcc to ease the merge.
>
> During the merge, I modified the VGA emulation so that it is easier to
> add new VGA compatible cards.

I've checked out a copy from cvs ... and have found FreeBSD 5-CURRENT's
gcc doesn't like the anonymous structure use.

Anyways, I compiled it, tweeked pc.c to use the cirrus driver and
downloaded a CL-GD543x bios from http://www.linuks.mine.nu/ree/video/

So far, looks good... FreeBSD happily changes text modes including the
VESA extended text modes. Haven't tested graphics modes yet.

--
Antony T Curtis <address@hidden>