qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Cirrus VGA

From: Juergen Lock
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Cirrus VGA
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 16:16:11 +0200 (CEST)

In article <address@hidden> you write:
>On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 11:41, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The initial version of the Cirrus VGA support is now commited. It is
>> currently not enabled as they are some pending issues to solve. gcc 3.x
>> is required to compile it as I use the anonymous structure extension of
>> gcc to ease the merge.
>>
>> During the merge, I modified the VGA emulation so that it is easier to
>> add new VGA compatible cards.
>
>I've checked out a copy from cvs ... and have found FreeBSD 5-CURRENT's
>gcc doesn't like the anonymous structure use.

gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 (Debian 20040422) also doesnt like it...
Maybe it should be taken out of the default build until FreeBSD
and debian get an updated gcc version?

>Anyways, I compiled it,

 Does the lang/gcc33 port work?  or what compiler did you use?

> tweeked pc.c to use the cirrus driver and
>downloaded a CL-GD543x bios from http://www.linuks.mine.nu/ree/video/
>
>So far, looks good... FreeBSD happily changes text modes including the
>VESA extended text modes. Haven't tested graphics modes yet.

 X would be interesting as with the default vga driver it doesnt work...

        Juergen