qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] FreeSBIE timer (was: Re: qemu port)

From: Juergen Lock
Subject: [Qemu-devel] FreeSBIE timer (was: Re: qemu port)
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 23:04:33 +0200 (CEST)

In article <address@hidden> I wrioe:
>- seems to have a timer problem (time sleep 1 takes 49 seconds and
>booting sleeps for minutes at the acd0 probe), but only on _some_ guest
>systems (FreeSBIE, knoppix.)  An installed 5.2.1 guest system works ok
>(this also doesn't happen with linux as host.)  And enabling /dev/rtc doesn't
>help either... (not included since it needs a patch to emulators/rtc.)

I finally found out whats going on there by looking at the FreeSBIE
kernel config:

http://cvs.gufi.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/freesbie/files/FREESBIE.5?rev=1.15&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
 It uses:
        options     HZ=5000

 And the on the linux host the problem is just less obvious because
I'm running a 2.6 kernel there which by default uses 1000 (AFAIK),
instead of 100 like FreeBSD by default uses.

 Heh :)
        Juergen