qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Usermode networking for win32

From: Stamatogiannakis Elefterios
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Usermode networking for win32
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 05:57:41 +0300

 I've managed to run qemu with slirp enabled on win32.

It needed some more changes in slirp.c, vl.c (thanks kazu) in order to run, as well a "resolv.conf" file in the same directory as the executable (qemu.exe), that has the usual unix format.

The problem right now is that the slax live cd which i'm testing it with, doesn't see at all the network card (ne2000). (there is no ne2000 in dmesg, ifconfig shows only the loopback adapter).

Any ideas why there is no network card? (with -user-net as an options of course)

Kazu do you know if the entire poll section is needed in order to run slirp in vl.c? (i'm referring to /* poll any events */).

 thanks.

 teris.

ps The new source is at:
http://www.dblab.ece.ntua.gr/~estama/qemu-slirp-win32.zip
ps2 Sorry for the state of my changes (lots and lots of hardcoded changes). When (if) this works i'll polish it up and send it as a diff.