qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu and plan9

From: Marc Vertes
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu and plan9
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 18:51:19 +0200

After the release of the news cirrus vga virtual display, I tried to
run plan9 (Unix successor from bell-labs) under qemu. The install floppy
image boots successfully and activated the graphic part. Very
impressive.

I had to tweak configurations file on the boot floppy image (see
http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/download.html).

See attached plan9.ini (monitor line) and a few lines that I added in
vgadb:

ctlr
        vid=0x1013 did=0x00B8           # CL-GD5446
        0xC0006="Plex86/Bochs VGABios "
        link=vga
        ctlr=clgd542x linear=1
        hwgc=clgd542xhwgc

The problem I face now is that the hard disk is not recognized. The
disk partitioning tool does not start.

I have created a correct hda image file. The command line is:

qemu -pci -cirrusvga -fda 9dsk.flp -hda plan9.img -boot a

Any advice to go further ?

Thanks.

--
Marc