qemu-devel

[OT] Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu and plan9

From: Mark Guertin
Subject: [OT] Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu and plan9
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:39:03 -0400

This is -very- Off Topic, but I, in good conscience, had to voice this info...

Did anyone read at the agreement on their download page ( http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/download.html ) , specifically this part of the agreement:

" * I will not be using Plan 9 in the creation of weapons of mass destruction to be used by nations other than the US. "

This is _really_ unnerving for me, and was enough to make me run decline their agreement instantly and stop all considerations at examining their system setup. Does this mean that they are condoning using their OS for weapons of mass destruction in the US (or that it's already in use for them)? As a FOSS advocate and wishful for peace, I personally can't endorse a distribution that comes with such a stigma attached, and I encourage others to re-think their usage of it given the world situation as it is ...

Just my $0.02 but this deeply disturbed me and I felt the need to point this out to others so they could form their own opinion on this . . .

Mark