qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: NE2K PCI and Windows 98SE & Cirrus Logic

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: NE2K PCI and Windows 98SE & Cirrus Logic
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 22:12:46 +0200

Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
I just started to use the -pci switch with win98 as a guest..

everything detected correctly and cirrus logic graphics seems much faster then with the old graphics driver - however there are paiting bugs (see screenshot URL at the bottom of this page)

It should work better now.

If no one sees severe problems with -pci, I propose it is the default in 0.5.6.

Cirrus VGA seems to work with both Win 95 and 98 without any additionnal drivers, so it is likely to be the default config.

There are still issues with Bochs VESA VBE (you cannot use it simultaneously with Cirrus VGA yet). Moreover, the Cirrus VGA driver is not optimized (the video memory writes are extremely slow compared to what could be possible and the blitter operations could be at least twice as fast).

Fabrice.