qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: NE2K PCI and Windows 98SE & Cirrus Logic

From: Derek Fawcus
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: NE2K PCI and Windows 98SE & Cirrus Logic
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:14:19 +0100

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 10:18:22AM +0200, Mike Nordell wrote:
> I'm still curious why 32MB is claimed in the pci_register_io_region call,
> even that it only has got 4MB.

Because that what's the hardware does - actually,  from memory I thought
this family only claimed 16M.

The reason for the larger size is given in the datasheet - it's multiple
mapped copies of the RAM so as top have automatic byteswapping.  So something
to beware of if this device is used under the PPC emulation.

DF