qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Mouse Question

From: Bruce Ashfield
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Mouse Question
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 00:12:19 -0400

Hi all,

I've been lurking on the list for quite a few months, and I haven't seen
anyone describing problems like I've been seeing using Win2K as a guest,
which leads me to believe it's something with my setup. I've tried
everything I can think of, so any suggestions are appreciated.

The problem I'm seeing is that even though the mouse shows up as "working"
in the device manager properties, that isn't what I see. When windows first
starts up, I do see the mouse cursor, but as soon as I go into keyboard
grab and interact with windows the cursor disappears to never be seen
again. If I move the mouse quickly I see some focus flashing of windows and
clicking the right mouse button brings up the menu in the bottom right
corner of the screen. But that's it, I can't interact with the menu, the
windows, nothing at all.

So that's the problem, here are my details:

  - qemu: running qemu cvs update from Wednesday June 9th.
  - distro: debian testing/unstable packages
  - xfree: XFree86 version: 4.3.0.1
  - guest os: Win2K
  - gpm: no gpm (turned it off incase it was the problem)
  - sdl: version 1.2.7
  - launch: qemu -pci -cirrusvga -m 512 -hda win2k.img -n ./qemu-ifup

The cirrusvga and pci changes are working very nicely, great features, all
the hard work is most appreciated.

Is anyone else seeing symptoms like mine ? Or has anyone seen them in the
past ? I'm out of good ideas.

Cheers,

Bruce Ashfield

--

Bruce Ashfield | "Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for
address@hidden | chaos and madness await then at its end."