qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Windows XP & NE2K

From: Sam Overton
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Windows XP & NE2K
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 19:04:38 +0000

I have successfully installed Windows XP Pro (SP1) with QEmu 0.5.5, however I cannot get XP to detect the NE2000 emulated hardware.

I am using Linux (i386) 2.6.6 with TUN/TAP compiled into the kernel, and I am using the qemu-ifup and qemu-ifup-sudo scripts posted to this list by Nathan Hand on 29th April.

I am invoking qemu with:
qemu -hda ./c.img -cdrom /dev/cdrom -boot c -m 256 -nics 1 -n /etc/qemu-ifup

I have also tried starting qemu with -user-net and -pci, neither of which made any difference (and -pci didn't make XP crash as was suggested elsewhere on this list).

The QEmu output is:
$ ./qemu.sh
Connected to host network interface: tun0
Password:
Serial port redirected to /dev/pts/7
QEMU 0.5.5 monitor - type 'help' for more information
(qemu)

ifconfig shows tun0 is up with an IP address assigned to it, and I can ping the local end.

Hope somebody can help,
Thanks,

Sam Overton