qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Cirrus stuff

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Cirrus stuff
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 01:20:18 +0200

Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
Hi,

I just finished a few tests...

I read in the CVS that now QEMU allocated 4MB RAM for Cirrus Logic, yet all I can get is up to 1024x768x16 bit colors, which, if my calulations are right - is still only 2MB RAM. (tested on win98SE)..

Also, graphics seems to be (at least from CVS checkout this morning) about 20-30% SLOWER then it was with the bugs yesterday. I'm not sure if it's related to Cirrus stuff. You can see it with the blue stripes that Windows 98SE splash screen has (upon loading windows)..

I am really skeptical. For Win98 guest, you must absolutely either use a 2.6 host kernel or use the /dev/rtc init mentionned when you run QEMU because Win98 uses a 200 HZ timer (the symptom is that the clock inside Win98 is twice slower).

Full screen seems to work perfectly.

There are more glitches with the cirrus logic - see this:

http://www.dad-answers.com/qemu/win98-bug.png
http://www.dad-answers.com/qemu/win98-bug-2.png

Fixed (yet another pattern fill bug).

Fabrice.