qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Audio and some other stuff

From: Antony T Curtis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Audio and some other stuff
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:57:06 +0100

On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 19:27, malc wrote:
> Hello,

<snip>

> Secondly, at aforementioned web page contains updated interpreter patch
> for QEMU. Why is this relevant - interp can run some code that vanilla
> QEMU misbehaves on. In particular (those are all DOS programs):

I have tried the interpreter patch and it actually works worse than the
normal behaviour when running OS/2.... QEMU can run OS/2 command line
just fine and only fails when attempting to enter Presentation Manager
(the graphical shell). However, your interpreter outputs a couple of
messages like:

0xfff5c435: lsl zero
0xfff5c415: lar zero

and the OS/2 program experiences a GPF in DOSCALL1.DLL (which IIRC is
mostly call gates into the kernel)

--
Antony T Curtis <address@hidden>