qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Useful Q&A

From: Benjamin Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Useful Q&A
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 22:41:29 +0100

Thanks for the info - few more questions tho:

Fabrice Bellard wrote:

Will support for newer graphics cards be included any time soon?

No.

Is this sort of thing difficult (I've not written an emulator before)?

Why doesn't (guest) Windows 98 (FE) recognise the emulated sound card as new hardware on my host Mandrake 10.0 machine when I specifiy "-enable-audio" - it doesn't think there is one at all?

Did you try to relaunch the hardware probe in Windows ?

Yes, I'll look into it again. It may well be something with my setup as I also recently did a CVS build and still have the problem.

Any thoughts on binary builds for i586 and higher instead of default i386, are any processor specific optimizations likely to be made in future?

No, except for translate-copy mode to use MMX/SSE/SSE2.

To me the i386 support seems to be pointless - anybody who is seriously going to be running QEMU will be using a minimum of a i586 (K6-2, Pentium etc), granted QEMU it is not intended for just this processor platform - what is the justification for a 386 compatible version....? :)

Excellent software all round - wish I had the technical know how!

Benjamin