qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OS/2 and Latest CVS QEMU

From: Antony T Curtis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OS/2 and Latest CVS QEMU
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:21:45 +0100

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 21:33, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> Antony T Curtis wrote:
> > Cool - OS/2 Warp Connect actually installs and runs (blue-spine box,
> > cdrom version)... however, the OS/2 CL-GD5446 video drivers don't seem
> > to recognise the chipset and will not install :|
>
> Are you sure there is a 5446 driver in OS/2 ? I only saw 5436.

Ok - the OS/2 drivers appear to look at the VGA BIOS to check what chip
is there... I have tried by using a copy of a real 5446 BIOS (copied
from a 5446 card I have here) and Cirrus's IDCHIP utility reports that
the VGA BIOS reports it as a 5430. I have also noticed that the 5446 and
5440 cards I have here have identical VGA BIOS

The SB16 emulation appears to work fine for the system sounds on XP-Pro
but it's choppy when playing mp3 etc. OS/2's SB16 driver crashes
however.
--
Antony T Curtis <address@hidden>